The FAQ below are for scholarships on PhD and post-doctoral level. We have created a separate FAQ for master’s level.
FAQ-scholarships for PhD students and post-doctoral researchers
Find the answers to your questions regarding SI scholarships for researches on PhD and post-doctoral level, from eligibility, scholarship period to required documents.
Who can apply?
- Which scholarship programmes offer scholarships for applicants on PhD and postdoctoral levels?
- How do I know if my home country is eligible?
- Can I apply for a scholarship if my country is eligible, but I am currently not studying/working in my home country?
- I come from a country in the Western Balkan region, am I eligible for an SI scholarship on PhD and postdoctoral levels?
- Can I receive a scholarship for my research within any discipline?
- Is it possible to come to Sweden for a longer or shorter period of time than stated on the website?
- Can I come as a PhD or post-doc during the summer?
- Is it possible to receive a scholarship for a full PhD position in Sweden?
- Is it possible to defer my scholarship period, or take a leave during my scholarship period?
Scholarship application submission
- I can't log in on the online application portal.
- I forgot my username and password for the online application portal.
- I can't submit my online scholarship application in the online application portal.
- My submission status is "being submitted". What should I do?
- I have clicked at the "Submit"-button but the status of my application is still "Not submitted".