The next call will open towards the end of 2021 and close at the beginning of 2022. Exact dates have not been set.
What is Seed funding in the Baltic Sea region?
The Swedish Institute seeks to strengthen Sweden’s relations and develop cooperation with the countries around the Baltic Sea and in our immediate area. Swedish organisations can apply for funding from the Swedish Institute in order to cooperate with organisations in the Baltic Sea region countries including Russia and organisations in the EU’s Eastern Partnership countries. The project activities that the Swedish Institute supports via ‘seed funding’ must be clearly linked to one or more of the challenges identified in the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea region. Projects including countries in the EU Eastern Partnership must also relate to this framework. Furthermore, projects should help create conditions for long-term, sustainable relations in the region.
- A project can run for no longer than 18 months.
- A project can apply for SEK 100,000 to SEK 500,000.
Who can apply?
- The main applicant has to be based in Sweden.
- The application must include at least three actors in three different countries eligible for support, one of which is Sweden (as main applicant).
- Countries eligible for funding are Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden and Ukraine.
News about the call 2020/2021
The call 2020/2021 is closed. You can find the list of the successful applications on the Swedish version of the website.
Have a look at our project database to get an idea of the kinds of project we support. The database is under construction and more project descriptions will be added.
Sign up for our newsletter
Are you interested in receiving news about SI’s activities in the Baltic Sea region? Sign up for our newsletter which is sent approximately 7 times a year.
If you have questions relating to our seed funding for Baltic Sea region cooperation, please find our contact details at the bottom of the page.