LEAP is a leadership program that aims to increase your capacity to work for humans and the planet as an individual leader and as a part of groups. Through the programme we work with seeking new solutions and methods to the planets problems. LEAP is a joint initiative between the Swedish Institute and the Stockholm Resilience Centre, at Stockholm University. It is a leadership programme designed for entrepreneurship and systems change in the Baltic Sea region.
The initiative is based on the Resilience Centre’s research on Planetary Boundaries, Resilience Thinking and Transformations to Sustainability. The programme is structured over three integrated fields: human, social and planetary thriving. Participants of LEAP will address some of the world’s biggest social and ecological challenges as opportunities. Participants will build global solutions with the Planetary Opportunities model as framework. The programme aims at starting a journey to create a new network of change makers that serve both people and planet
LEAP will give you:
- Theoretical and practical know how on technological and social innovations and how technological enablers can be used for social-ecological transformations
- Knowledge about the planet’s climate and ecosystems and understanding of key concepts like; planetary boundaries and opportunities model, system entrepreneurship (and society’s need for it), transformations to sustainability, biomimicry – nature-based solutions
- Access to knowledge from, and the chance to work with, top leaders from science, business and the public sector
- Chance to develop as a leader and entrepreneur
- Awareness around one’s own impact as human and skills on self leadership and Neuroleadership
- An opportunity and generator mindset, mapping one´s resources and knowing how to share
- Access to a global network consisting of leaders, with the common aim to promote sustainable change at local, national or global level.
Can I apply?
- You are a permanent resident or citizen of one of these countries: Sweden, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Azerbaijan or Armenia
- You are approximately 25-40 years of age
- You are fluent in spoken and written English
- You have an international aim and thinking
- You are an expert within your field
- Your interest is deeply rooted in social and environmental sustainability and new technological and social innovations
- You have a distinct motivation for participation
- You can be present at all modules and courses
- You have experience of leading and mobilizing around urgent issues
- You are a team player and a generator for your community
- You have been trained in social intelligence and ability to listen
- You have the capacity to contribute opinions and reflections whilst accepting and learning from different perspectives in the group
The programme is designed to operate as an iteractive prototyping and learning process that includes lectures, discussions and presentations, but is focused on co-creation. The programme is built on the premise of “group intelligence”, where participants are seen as the experts they are, with unique knowledge and insights that will contribute to the exponential learning experience of the group. Participants will also be asked to join the three online courses, following each module. We estimate that participants should allocate 3-4 hours per week for the online sessions. .
Module 1: Human thriving 4–7 September 2017 in Stockholm
Module 2: Planetary thriving 3 – 6 October 2017 in Stockholm
Module 3: Social thriving 13 – 16 November in Tallinn
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Instiute:
- All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the LEAP programme are covered. The programme will pay for transportation to and from the modules locations.
- During the programme all participants will be insured against acute illness and accident
- Training and content
Costs covered and arranged by you
- participants are responsible for costs related to transport within their countries.
- the cost for the visa will have to be borne by the participant
More information about LEAP 2017: https://www.leapecosystem.org/