The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and asks how business can become more people and planet focused in market driven economies.
The programme invites prominent figures in the commercial and political sectors as well as academia to present topics such as climate change, responsible financing, stake-holder engagement and leadership development. The curriculum includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases and interactive workshops with experienced practitioners. It also includes company visits and coaching on your own business case.
As a participant of the programme you will be part of a long-lasting and active network of business leaders working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa and Europe.
SIMP will give you:
- A global network of leaders focused on sustainble business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector
Can I apply?
- You have an ambition to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- You have a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector
- You are in a position to drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation
- You are between 25-45 years old (born 1972 – 1992)
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You are a citizen of China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam
- You can take part in all parts of the programme
- You are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme
Kick-off, 2 days in one of the selected countries in Asia, March 2018
You will be introduced to the programme curriculum and topics of focus. Regional business cases creates the framework for your learning.
Module 1, 2 weeks in Sweden, May 2018
You will deep dive into how sustainble business contributes to innovation, production and increased trust in business on the global market. You will explore topics such as leadership, stake-holder engagement, climate change and company visits. You will also have a chance to initiate your own business case and receive coaching and peer-feedback.
Module 2, 1 week in one of the selected countries in Asia, October 2018
The focus is on reconnection with the network and harvesting learnings from module 1. You will have the opportunity to analyse and deliver on a regional business case.
All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.
As a SIMP alumni you are part of an alumni network that offers the opportunity to exchange ideas and multiply your impact. The SIMP network consists of alumni who continue to support each other’s personal and professional development.
Costs covered by the Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
Costs covered and arranged by you
- Flight tickets to and from the kick-off and module 2
- Visas costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
- Occasional meals
- Occasional airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden