The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in the global economy.
Collaborative methods are used to maximize your learning experience, ceative thinking and how to lead value-driven change. Experts facilitate topics such as business impact on the environment, diversity and inclusion in the workplace as well as financial strategies for sustainable development. Complex business cases are explored and you receive tools to apply in your day-to-day work. Throughout the programme you develop your own initiative and apply learnings from the programme to continuously develop skills on how to make positive business impact.
By the end of the programme you are a part of a long-lasting network of business leaders working for a sustainable future.
SIMP will give you:
- A network of leaders focused on sustainble business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector
Can I apply?
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- You have a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector
- You are in a position to drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation
- You are between 25-45 years old (born 1994-1974 at time of application)
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You are a citizen and resident of China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam
- You can participate in all parts of the programme
- You are willing to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Swedish Institute Management Programme Asia 2020 will be delivered with a modified design.
Kick-off – online session March – Welcome to SIMP, presentation of participants.
Module 1 – online sessions 4 May – 12 June – Introduction to the programme curriculum and topics of focus, such as Sustainability and Sustainable Development Goal 12 (Responsible production and consumption), Climate Change and Biodiversity, human rights and labour rights. Engage in individual SIMP initiative and continue networking until module 2.
Module 2 – onsite meeting 12-24 October, Sweden. More details will be provided.
As a SIMP alumni you are part of an alumni network that offers the opportunity to exchange experience and to increase impact. The SIMP network consists of alumni who continue to support each other’s personal and professional development.
Costs covered by the Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
Costs covered and arranged by you
- Flight tickets to and from the module 1 and module 3
- Visa costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
- Occasional meals
- Airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden