Through SAYP you will:
- Develop your professional skills
- Extend your personal and professional network
- Expand you knowledge within sustainable modern governance
- Experience a cross-sectorial work environment
- Try experience-sharing in a macro-regional context
- Get a lifelong membership in the SI Alumni Network, and exclusive access to Peer Shadowing and other tools for continued learning
The SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build new networks, knowledge and practices for increased transparency, efficiency and resilience in public administration in Western Balkan. The programme also aims to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to meet the requirements of a modern governance structure. In the SAYP, the participants will be able to expand their own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges.
The programme consists of three main components;
- the first takes place in the participants’ home countries in the form of preparatory meetings/webinars and/or reading of material provided by the thematic module organisers.
- This is followed by an intense thematic two-weeks-moduleduring the period of June–August. The thematic module is held in Sweden. Information about the thematic modules for SAYP 2019 can be found below under step 1 in the application procedure.This year SAYP Western Balkan offers two different modules in Sweden.
- The module is followed up in the participants’ home countries during autumn, in the form of events, such as study visits or workshop, or follow up project work.
After the programme
SI also offers SAYP alumni exclusively the opportunity to apply for Peer shadowing, a short-term mobility grant which allows for week-long visits to an organisation in another country, where the visiting peer can closely follow/shadow one or several colleagues to observe/study how their workplace/organisation is structured and functions in practice. Read more here.
All participants will become members of the SI Alumni Network, a vast professional and global contact network meant to keep building good practices and mutual learning processes for a sustainable future. As member of this network, participants have the opportunity to participate in upcoming alumni events and workshops on themes relevant to their area of expertise.
Can I apply?
The programme is targeted primarily at young professionals already employed in the state structures, working with development of policy and measures to create a more transparent, resilient and efficient public administration. But SAYP has a cross-sectoral ambition and welcome participants from other parts of the society, if the thematic focus of the module is relevant for the candidate’s professional development, and to the work at his/her home organisation.
You can apply if you:
- are a citizen of and currently working in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia
- are under 36 years old (born 1983 and after)
- have good command of English language
- have a relevant higher education (at least three years)
- are employed in one of the following groups:
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO volunteers/employees)
If you are looking for SAYP Baltic region/EaP please go to this page