Opens for applications in January
She Entrepreneurs is a recognised leadership programme for women entrepreneurs in the MENA-region. It is leadership training within the context of working for an equal and sustainable society using entrepreneurial principles, and the programme is based on real business experiences and collaborative learning. At the heart of the programme is personal and professional development. The aim of the She Entrepreneurs is to support women entrepreneurs by giving them the tools and methods they need to develop their enterprise.
The She Entrepreneurs is intended for women who have already started to build a business. If you are an entrepreneur who wants to develop your business to make it more effective at creating value for society – the She Entrepreneurs is the programme for you.
She Entrepreneurs will give you:
- The opportunity to develop your business initiative and acquire personal skills and innovative tools.
- Support to think like an entrepreneur – from generating ideas to executing a strategic and sustainable business model.
- Increased knowledge on topics such as business development, communication, branding, sales, finance and funding.
- Individual feedback on your business initiative from leading entrepreneurs and group mentors in Sweden and MENA. This feedback will give you the chance to rethink and fine-tune your idea.
- A strong and active network of likeminded women entrepreneurs who inspire and support each other in driving important changes in society
The call for applications to She entrepreneurs 2019 will be published 10 January 2019 , including detailed information about the programme design and eligbility criteria.
She Entrepreneurs is made up of two and a half weeks divided into two modules at separate times. She Entrepreneurs is an intensive programme with a full-day schedule and many evening activities. All selected participants will have to commit to participating in all activities of both Module 1 and 2.
Module 1 (in Stockholm, Sweden, 9 – 20 June 2019 )
The module is set up with a highly practical approach that allows you to apply the lessons directly to your business initiative. Workshops and lectures on topics related to running a business in general and a social enterprise in particular will be intertwined with coaching in smaller groups from experienced mentors. Themes will revolve around budgeting, funding, marketing and communication strategies as well as on how to measure social impact and how to arrive at an appropriate business model. At the end of Module 1 you will present your social business initiative to an advisory board consisting of senior entrepreneurs and business advisors.
Module 2 (location and dates TBD)
Before the start of the second module, you will have worked on your own initiative locally, coached by group mentors over digital platforms. The focus during module 2 will be to maintain, build and expand the network, to continue the learning journey and follow up the development of the work so far. You will continue to build on your entrepreneurial skills through workshops, seminars and meetings with mentors.
Taking part in She Entrepreneurs also means becoming a part of an alumni network that offers the opportunity to exchange ideas and multiply your impact. The She Entrepreneurs network is very much alive and active. It consists of alumni who continue to support each other’s personal and professional development.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 2
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa costs
Costs covered and arranged by you
- Domestic travel / airport transfer in your home country
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden