The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused in market driven economies.
As a participant in the programme you will meet prominent figures in the commercial and political sectors as well as academia who will be presenting topics such as climate change, responsible financing, stake-holder engagement and leadership development. The curriculum includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases and interactive workshops with experienced practitioners. It also includes company visits and coaching on your own business case.
As a participant of the programme you will be part of a long-lasting and active network of business leaders working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa and Europe.
SIMP will give you:
- A global network of leaders focused on sustainble business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and the public sector
Can I apply?
- You aspire to make sustainability an integral part of your business strategy
- You have a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector. Other sectors are also welcome to apply if you are in a senior position, working closely with business development
- You are in a position to drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategy for your organisation
- You are between 25-45 years old
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You are a citizen of Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Sweden and Ukraine
- You can take part in all parts of the programme
- You have are willing to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme
Module 1, 21 – 26 May 2018 in Sweden
Module 2, 1 – 6 October 2018 in one of the selected countries in Northern Europe
Module 3, 3 – 7 December 2018 in Sweden
All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.
As a SIMP alumni you are part of an alumni network that offers the opportunity to exchange experience and multiply your impact. The SIMP network consists of alumni who continue to support each other’s personal and professional development.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
Costs covered and arranged by you
- Flight tickets to and from module 2
- Visas costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
- Occasional meals
- Occasional airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden