The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme (SIMP) is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices. The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become become more focused on sustainability in the global economy.
As a participant in the programme you will meet prominent figures in the commercial and political sectors as well as academia who will be presenting topics such as climate change, responsible financing, stake-holder engagement and leadership development.
In the programme you collaborate with the other participants to maximize your learning experience, creative thinking and how to lead value-driven change. The programme includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases, interactive workshops and company visits.
SIMP will give you:
- A long-lasting network of leaders focused on sustainble business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Skills on how to make positive business impact
- Increased leadership competence with a focus on personal leadership
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and the public sector
Can I apply?
- You have previous leadership experience as a manager, team leader or project leader
- You have a senior position within trade, industry or the public sector where you’re working closely with business development
- You have a post-secondary education
- You have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- You work in a company or organisation where you have a platform and large internal network and the possibility to influence through different change projects.
- You are between 25-45 years old
- You are a citizen of Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Sweden and Ukraine
We are looking for participants with an interest in sustainability and with the aspiration to make it an integral part of the business strategy. You can drive decisions and have a mandate to influence the business strategy for your organization. Furthermore, you have willingness to use competences and knowledge you gain from the programme.
We value participants with good collaboration and communication skills. To make the most out of the programme we believe that you have the energy, drive and willingness to develop both personally and professionally and the ambition to make a change.
Module 1, 4-8 May 2020 in Sweden
Module 2, 7-11 September 2020 in one of the selected countries in Northern Europe
Module 3, 7-11 December 2020 in Sweden
All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.
As a SIMP alumni you are part of an alumni network that offers the opportunity to exchange experience and multiply your impact. The SIMP network consists of alumni who continue to support each other’s personal and professional development.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
Costs covered and arranged by you
- Flight tickets to and from modules
- Visas costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
- Occasional meals
- Occasional airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden
You apply by submitting your CV and motivate your participation by answering our questionnaire reached once starting the application process. The application and CV should be in English. In this selection process Swedish Institute is collaborating with Experis, ManpowerGroup. Once clicking on the link below you’ll be asked to register an account before starting your application.
Submit your application here