The Swedish Institute Sustainability Forum – SISF – is no ordinary event, it is a highly creative 48-hour global think-tank with a selected sustainability theme serving the dual purpose to develop real-life applicable solutions that help companies deal effectively with some of the key sustainability challenges of the 21st century, and to help society to be more resilient in meeting known and unknown challenges.
Held annually in the tranquil outskirts of Stockholm, Sweden, the true spirit of SISF provides an inspiring space outside of the ordinary office cubicle, whereby influential people from around the world get to cross paths. High-level individuals from different sectors gather to share experiences and discuss possible new solutions for current global sustainability challenges in an informal and creative atmosphere.
SISF 2017: Let’s talk!
Rethink the roles in society. Reinforce social dialogue for change. Regain a better world.
This years forum explores how we can use social dialoge as a tool for positive change.
SISF Let’s Talk is organised by the Swedish Institute and the Swedish Trade Union Confederation (LO), in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees (TCO). The theme ‘Let’s Talk!’ is inspired by the Global Deal Initiative with the intention of enhancing social dialogue to enable all people to benefit from globalisation.
SISF 2017: Let’s talk! will take place in Stockholm, Sweden 20 – 22 november at Runö meeting and events, Åkersberga. Confirmed keynote speech by the Prime Minister of Sweden, Stefan Löfven.
Application to this years forum (2017) is now closed.
SISF will give you:
- The opportunity to meet high-level individuals from different sectors and share experiences and discuss possible new solutions for current global sustainabibity challenges in an informal and creative atmosphere
- An in-depth understanding of the challenges within the selected theme
- The opportunity to be part of a allowing free and out-of-the-box thinking event where everyone is given the floor to speak freely in an open-minded setting.
Can I apply?
- You are a part of the expansive long term alumni network of the Swedish Institute
- You have a strong commitment to contribute to positive change.
- You are high-level individual representing non-governmental, governmental, trade union or business organisations
Unlike other forums or symposia, there is no agenda and no dedicated speakers. Instead, a working timeline guides the interactive processes that are built into creative physical spaces tailored for the theme. Participants should be prepared to work informally in full days with engaging discussions, working groups and solutions-oriented workshops. The true spirit of the forum provides an inspiring space outside of the ordinary office cubicle, where influential people from around the world get to cross paths. In combination, the forum hopes to remove all barriers, allowing free and out-of the- box thinking where everyone is given the floor to speak freely in open-minded dialogues.
In preparations leading up to the SISF days, a funnel methodology is used to identify a narrower scope for the theme. This funnel methodology includes engagements with relevant stakeholders and experts. These stakeholders play an important role in shaping the content of each SISF. Collaborators and partners endorse and work closely with the Swedish Institute to develop content and actively pursue development possibilities for the outcomes of each SISF.
Costs covered by the swedish institute:
- Forum fee
- Standard flights tickets and airport transfer in Sweden
- Accommodation and standard meals for the duration of the Forum
- All participants will be insured against acute illness and accident through the Swedish State Group Insurance and personal insurance by The Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Service Agency (Kammarkollegiet).
Costs covered and arranged by you:
- All other cost e.g. visa application, additional days, will be at the expense of each individual participants.