You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application. We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You must complete your applications in English. You must use our templates provided below and complete them according to the instructions, otherwise your applications will be deemed ineligible.
The compulsory documents required are:
- A motivation letter: you must use the SISS template for motivation letter 2018/2019.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV): please only use this particular Europass format of maximum three pages. It is up to you to decide which parts are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered.
- A copy of your passport: your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as a last fourth page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport showing that your citizenship is South Africa, to include in your application.
Make sure you have a complete application
A complete application must consist of:
- a completed motivation letter
- a CV
- a copy of your valid passport
If your application is missing one of the required documents above, it will be deemed ineligible.
If you apply to several master’s programmes
You need to submit a separate copy of your scholarship application for each eligible master’s programme that you have applied to. For example, if you have applied to the maximum of four master’s programmes on universityadmissions.se, you must submit four separate and complete online scholarship applications. Each application must have all the required compulsory documents attached. You may use the same documents for each application, or create unique ones for each master’s programme. You should use the same account at the application portal to submit all your scholarship applications and you should provide the same e-mail address for all your scholarship applications.
Work and leadership experience is not a requirement for citizens of South Africa who apply within SISS for South Africa. However, it will be a merit if you have work and leadership experience. In this case, please use our templates to provide one or two letters of reference and proof of work and leadership experience.
- One or two letters of reference: you must use the SISS-South Africa template for letter of reference 2018/2019. The letter can be based on any types of work you had. If the letters are not signed by the referee and stamped with official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office, they are not valid. Templates should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the template and in our FAQ.
- Proof of work and leadership experience: you must use the SISS-South Africa template for proof of work and leadership experience 2018/2019. Any experience not signed by the referee and stamped with official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office, are not valid. The template should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the template and in our FAQ.