Research visits in Sweden up to 12 months
- Application period: 15 October to 12 December 2018, for the academic year 2019/2020.
- About 12 scholarships will be offered.
Included in the scholarship
- SEK 18,000 monthly grant for living expenses for PhD students and university lecturers
- SEK 21,000 monthly grant for living expenses for postdocs and senior researchers
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
Apply if you match one of the following categories
The scholarship provides PhD students, postdoctoral and senior researchers of all ages with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities within the field of social sciences. To qualify you need to belong to one of the following categories:
- PhD student – PhD students/candidates applying for one long-term visit of 6, 9 or 12 months. Priority will be given to students enrolled in PhD programmes in Turkey.
- Postdoctoral or senior researcher – Holders of a PhD degree applying for one long-term visit of 6, 9 or 12 months.
Available scholarship periods
1 September 2019–29 February 2020 (6 months)
1 January 2020–30 June 2020 (6 months)
1 September 2019–31 May 2020 (9 months)
1 January 2020–30 September 2020 (9 months)
1 September 2019–31 August 2020 (12 months)
1 January 2020–31 December 2020 (12 months)
For information about the thematic priorities of the Swedish-Turkish Scholarship programme and further details of the scholarship offer, please read our FAQ.
You cannot be granted a scholarship if you:
- have already lived in Sweden for two or more years when the scholarship period is due to begin
- already have a permanent Swedish residence permit
- have a Swedish work permit and are currently employed in Sweden
- are applying for a scholarship at postdoctoral level, but do not hold a PhD degree
- have already been awarded three or more scholarships/grants from SI
- are applying for a scholarship at PhD level but are not enrolled in ongoing PhD studies outside of Sweden