Opens for applications February 4th
- Next application period: 4-14 February 2019, for the academic year 2019/2020.
- Find our list of eligible master’s programmes for 2019/2020 here. Only the master’s programmes that are in the list are eligible for the Visby Programme scholarship.
- About 65 scholarships will be offered.
The Visby Programme aims at building capacity in professionals who have the ambition to play an active role in society and to contribute to a positive development in their home countries and region.
The programme focuses on the individual mobility of academic talents to promote professional collaboration and lasting relations between Sweden and the programme countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine). The goal is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region where environmental and social sustainability, innovation and responsibility in management are key factors in achieving sustainable economic growth and regional development.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who display both intellectual ability and leadership potential and welcome applicants regardless of age, gender and religious beliefs. The scholarship programme aims for diversity among the scholarship holders.
Foto: Magnus Liam Karlsson
- Tuition fees (paid directly to the Swedish university by us)
- Monthly grant of SEK 10,000 for living expenses
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000
- Insurance against illness and accident (accompanying family members included)
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
– a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
In order to be eligible, you must be a citizen of, and currently living in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine.
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to the universities.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, you must have followed the application steps of University Admissions, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019.
There are some exceptions that might make you ineligible for the scholarship.