You are a member of the Swedish Institute (SI) Alumni Network if you have:
- Received a scholarship from the Swedish Institute for studies in Sweden
- Participated in a Swedish Institute Leadership Programme
- Participated in summer courses financed by the Swedish Institute
About the network
The Swedish Institute Alumni Network includes more than 15,000 talented individuals from over 140 countries. You were chosen by the SI because of your ability and will to change the world. Now, when you are done with your studies or your programme, we want to keep supporting you in the role of a change maker. We do this by facilitating getting connected to other people with the same engagement as you have. And of course, we want to stay in touch with you and make sure you do not forget about Sweden.
Join a local network
Local alumni networks and groups exist all over the world and have three purposes:
- to work together for sustainable development
- to offer a platform where you can stay in touch with Sweden and the Swedish Institute
- to help you get to know people who had the same experience and share the same interests as you
Most alumni networks are open to all Sweden alumni, including former students and researchers at Swedish universities who were not SI scholarship beneficiaries.
We encourage you to join the network where you live – it’s fun, you get to meet new people and you can organise activities together. Many of the networks are certified by SI which means they can apply for funding for activities and events continuously during the year. All activities that are organised by the networks are posted in the Sweden Alumni Event Calendar.
Note that all networks are run on a voluntary basis. The SI does not pay any salaries to the board members.