– Through this programme, we at SI can welcome committed leaders from all over the world to further their education in Sweden and then contribute to sustainable development in their home countries. In this way, we create and strengthen their relations with Sweden, which is good for us as a small country that depends on relations with the outside world and its future leaders, says Madeleine Sjöstedt, Director General at the Swedish Institute.
In this year’s call for applications, 17 applications were received and 8 were granted support. The total support amounts to SEK 15.7 million. The courses will have a transversal focus on innovation and sustainability, and will be implemented in 2023.
MIDWIZE Capacity building programme for public health officials in maternal and child health: Kenya, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda.
KTH – Royal Institute of Technology
OneLearns – Online Education for Leaders in Nutrition and Sustainability: Ethiopia, Rwanda, Kenya
- Innovation and Co-design for Sustainable, Resilient and Inclusive Public Spaces and Services: Cambodia, Indonesia, North Macedonia, Turkey
- Innovation in Governance for Urban Nature-Based Solutions: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
- New Welfare Services – Sustainable Service Design as a driver for regional development: The Great Lakes region: Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya
- Sexual and Gender-Based Violence and the Equal Right to Health: Ethiopia, South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia
Rethinking Cities in Ukraine: Ukraine
Resilient and Strategic Decision Making for EU integration: Ukraine