FAQ – SI Scholarship for Global Professionals
The statistics show that most of our successful applicants have carefully read through all the information about our calls for application as well as our FAQ, before submitting their applications. Please make sure that you do the same to get closer to a successful application.
University Admissions and master’s programmes
Do you have any questions related to University Admissions, the application fee or your application number? Please contact University Admissions directly. The Swedish Institute and University Admissions are two separate agencies and SI only administers the SI scholarship.
Application for University Admissions
- Can I apply for a master’s programme at the Swedish Institute?
- Can I apply for any master’s programme and get an SI scholarship?
- How do I apply for a master’s programme?
- I have a problem with my application at University Admissions. Do I need to inform SI?
- I changed the ranking of the master’s programmes I applied for. Will it affect my scholarship application?
- I missed the deadline to apply to University Admissions. Can I still apply for an SI scholarship?
Required documents for University Admissions
SI Scholarships for Global Professionals
Who can apply?
- How do I know if there is any scholarship I can apply for?
- I currently live in a country not eligible for an SI scholarship. May I still apply?
- I have a dual citizenship. Which one should I use in my scholarship application?
- Are there any SI scholarships for bachelor’s studies?
- Are there any SI scholarships for single courses, exchange studies, study visits or participation in conferences?
- Do you provide scholarships for PhD studies and postdoctoral research in Sweden?
- Is my work or leadership experience valid?
- I am currently enrolled in a master's programme in Sweden. Can I apply for an SI scholarship for my second year?
- What requirements do you have for English proficiency and GPA?
- I have applied for other scholarships. Can I still apply for an SI scholarship?
- Why do applicants have to be liable to pay tuition fees?
- Why can't Russians apply for the scholarship anymore?
How to apply?
Required document – Proof of Work and Leadership Experience
- How do I calculate my employment hours?
- Who can sign the Proof of Work and Leadership Experience form?
- Does my employer(s) need to stamp my proof of work and leadership experience form?
- Applicants should only submit one proof of work and leadership experience, but I have worked at more than one workplace.
- Do I have to provide proof for all the work experience I have had so far?
- I have a special situation so I can’t provide the required proof of work and leadership experience .What should I do?
- Can you contact me before you contact my referees?
- There are fields called "Choose one" but I don't see any options to choose from.