The particular focus will be on previous achievements and practices of the local level governance in Ukraine, much of which have continued to function even through the war.
The event will consist of two sections:
- Short engaging presentations from our prominent speakers on the results of their research project on political will to combat corruption in Ukraine, drawing on interviews with local government officials and a survey of over 200 civil society organizations.
- Facilitated discussion and network in thematic break-out rooms on a variety of topics: Decentralisation support from international donor organisations; Information and communications for peace building; Partnerships with business and NGOs; Sister Cities and municipal partnerships.
Among the speakers are:
- Mariana Vershynina, Deputy of the city council of Ivano-Frankivsk
- Oksana Huss, Bologna University
- Marcia Grimes, University of Gothenburg
- Yuliya Bidenko, Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Oleksandra Keudel, Kyiv School of Economics
Date: 17th of May
Time: 15:00-16:30 CET (16:00-17:30 Ukrainian time)
Language: English with simultaneous translation to Ukrainian
Organised by the Swedish International Centre for Local Democracy in cooperation with the Swedish Institute (SI) and The Development Partners Network on Decentralisation and Local Governance (DeLog).