How the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea region can promote future cooperation to support the reconstruction of Ukraine
This online conference will address how the format of macro-regional strategies, such as the EUSBSR, can foster cooperation with Ukraine. We will explore the opportunities that macro-regional strategies can contribute with in order to support Ukraine in its future reconstruction.
The target group for this conference are actors interested in cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and in how transnational initiatives could include Ukraine.
When: 8 December 2022, 09:30-12:00 (CET)
Where: The conference will be held online in English.
Registration: The registration is now closed.
The conference link will be sent to registered participants latest 7 December.
See the final programme below.
Workshops arranged by EUSBSR Policy Areas
Please note that in the afternoon at 13:30-16:00 (CET) four online workshops will be arranged by some EUSBSR Policy Areas. The workshops aim to facilitate a dialogue between EUSBSR and Ukrainian stakeholders on needs and possibilities. The registration to these workshops are closed.
Four workshops will be carried out:
- Ukrainian ecosystem and economy (PA Bioeconomy/PA Nutri)
- Distance education (PA Education)
- Popular education for medical training (PA Secure/PA Education)
- Maritime transports and support to maritime students (PA Safe/PA Ship)
Contact at SI: email@example.com
Moderator: Mr Fredrik Löjdquist, Director of the Stockholm Centre for Eastern European Studies (SCEEUS) at the Swedish Institute of International Affairs
Welcome and opening addresses
- Mr Christian Danielsson, State secretary, Swedish Prime Minister´s Office
- Mr Ihor Korkhovyi, Deputy Minister, Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine
Networks and cooperation – as a part of future reconstruction of Ukraine
- Mr Torbjörn Becker, Director of the Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics at Stockholm School of Economics
Potential of macro-regional strategies for the support of Ukraine
How can macro-regional strategies support the recovery of Ukraine?
- Mr Moray Gilland, Head of unit for Macro-regions, Representative of the Unit for Macro-regions, Transnational/Interregional/External Cooperation, Enlargement within DG REGIO, European Commission
EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR) perspectives on cooperation with Ukraine
- Ms Petra Česen Čatar, Slovenian National Coordinator and current President of the EUSDR, Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Panel discussion – opportunities to further elaborate cooperation with Ukraine
- Mr Moray Gilland, Head of unit for Macro-regions, Transnational/Interregional/External Cooperation, Enlargement within DG REGIO, European Commission
- Ms Petra Česen Čatar, Slovenian National Coordinator and current President of the EUSDR, Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ms Nadiia Afanasieva, Director, Ukrainian Institute of International Politics
- Mr Anders Bergström, representative of the Swedish EUSBSR Presidency team, EUSBSR Policy area coordinator, the Norden Association
- Mr Kurt Bratteby, Director, Department for International Relations, Swedish Institute
This event is co-arranged with the Swedish Prime Minister´s Office in its capacity as the current President of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR).
Please note that the cooperation with the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus within the framework of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region (EUSBSR) is suspended.