The Swedish Institute is launching an online mentorship programme as a part of the activities of the SI Alumni Academy and the SI Network for Global Professionals. SI and Sweden alumni will be provided a training module with the aim of improving essential skills related to mentoring and coaching, followed by a practical mentorship module where alumni are paired with current SI scholarship holders who wish to receive mentoring.
The programme will give you:
- improved leadership competences
- useful theoretical and practical tools in mentorship
- skills in active listening, psychologic security, sence of coherence, feedback and guiding principles for personal development
- an expanded international network of professional and personal contacts
- a diploma of the completed programme
Can I apply?
We are looking for SI and Sweden Alumni who are willing to:
- learn how to improve their mentorship skills
- share their expertise and experiences
- guide others in career-, personal-, leadership-, and/or organisational development
The mentorship programme is divided into two parts:
- Online training module: An online training module consisting of 5 sessions, one hour long will be organised by the Swedish Institute every other week stretching over two months.
Duration: Kick off 27 March Programme mid April-mid May 2024
- Practical mentorship experience: After the completion of the online training module, you will get to test your newly developed skills as a mentor by being paired with an SI scholarship holder. The mentees are students currently studying at a Swedish University and who are finishing their studies in June 2024. The mentor and mentee are expected to meet online 4-5 times over the course of 2-3 months.
Duration: June – August 2024
Participation in all training sessions and completion of all assignments is mandatory to proceed to the next step. And both parts needs to be completed to receive a diploma.
20 alumni will be selected for this programme. The call is open to all SI and Sweden Alumni, however SI will prioritise candidates according to the following criteria:
- Personal motivation
- Country of residence in one of the 41 SI scholarship countries [Scholarship for Global Professionals | Svenska institutet]
- Years of working experience
- English language-skills
Candidates who will be qualified to a second round will be contacted to send in a short video of themselves.
How to apply?
Apply by filling out the application form.
Applications for 2024 is now closed.