We build up lasting relations between Sweden and other countries with a view to enhancing Sweden’s attractiveness.
We build up lasting relations between Sweden and other countries with a view to enhancing Sweden’s attractiveness. To this end, we disseminate information, develop skills, promote cultural exchange and cooperation, and provide funding and grants.
We collaborate and enter into partnerships with businesses, universities, cultural institutions and embassies.
Partnerships and meetings
We bring to life the narrative about contemporary Sweden – the society that has produced numerous Swedish successes in the fields of innovation, sustainability and creativity. We act in dialogue with the opinion-formers, decision-makers and talents of today and tomorrow, both at home and abroad.
Meetings and discussions also take place in our digital channels, at Swedish embassies around the world and at the SI’s Swedish Cultural Centre in Paris.
Another area of work involves developing cooperation around the Baltic Sea and Eastern Europe. Robust, long-term partnerships improve the chances of achieving sustainable development.
We also engage in extensive cooperation with developing countries. The focus is on enhancing the skills of individuals who have the potential to contribute to the development of democracy and rights. By linking them up with Swedish actors in the field, we establish relationships that are of mutual benefit.
We present Sweden as a good country to live in, in order to attract students, researchers and talents.
The Swedish Institute’s core activities involve:
- Analysing how foreign target groups perceive Sweden, and how this affects opportunities for Swedish actors abroad.
- Providing expert support to both private and public actors wishing to communicate the image of Sweden and Swedish skills.
- Disseminating information about Swedish values and experience in the fields of innovation, sustainability, culture and creativity, and in respect of social solutions.
- Increasing cooperation in the Baltic Sea region, which is a prerequisite for long-term development in Sweden and the region itself
- Supporting projects that encourage democratic development in our partner countries.
- Establishing relations between Swedish partners and the decision-makers of tomorrow around the world.
- Actively promoting mobility for students, researchers and skilled labour to and from Sweden.
- Providing funding and other support for Swedish language tuition and knowledge-enhancement programmes focusing on Sweden abroad
- Running Sweden’s only cultural centre abroad, the Swedish Institute in Paris
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to tell about Sweden abroad? Try sharingsweden.se.
You can read more about our project support, scholarships and other financing.