This call for applications offers grants for cooperation with organisations in Africa, Asia and MENA only. The Eastern Europe & Türkiye region is not included this time due to budget constraints. You may apply for seed funding or for collaborative projects of max. 12 months’ duration.
What is Creative Force?
It is a funding programme for international projects. It is open to Swedish organisations and their partners in our target countries who work through media or the arts to strengthen democracy, human rights and freedom of expression. It offers two types of grant:
Seed Funding is available for carrying out a small project or a pilot. You and your international partner can apply for up to SEK 100,000 for a project which must be completed within 12 months of the project start.
Collaborative Projects are larger projects which should involve knowledge exchange, capacity building or method development. We recommend that you apply for this type of grant to scale-up a project which has previously received seed funding. You and your international partner can apply for max. SEK 500,000 for projects which run for no more than 12 months (from the project start).
Who can apply?
- Any type of organisation which is registered in Sweden.
- Your organisation must have been registered for at least one year (for seed funding) or two years (for collaborative projects).
- You must write your application jointly with a partner organisation in one (or more) of the Creative Force target countries (see below).
Which countries are included?
In Africa, Asia & MENA:
- Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam
- Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
In Eastern Europe & Türkiye (NB: not included in this call for applications)
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Türkiye and Ukraine.
NB: We do not grant funding to projects which include financial support to public sector partners in Belarus (state, regional, municipal).
Get some inspiration. Have a look at our project database to get an idea of the kinds of project we support.
Check whether your project is suitable for Creative Force
- Your project uses media or the arts as a means to bring about change.
- Your project seeks to strengthen democracy, freedom of expression and human rights in the programme countries.
- Your project fulfills the specific Creative Force programme objectives for the country(s) you want to work with. (See FAQs 17 and 18 below.)
- Your project targets agents of change in the partner country(s) who want to learn new skills or use new technologies to help them in their efforts to bring about change.
- Your project involves an exchange of knowledge or best practice between partners.
- Your project’s achievements are sustainable. They will continue to spread and have an impact after the project has finished.