What is Creative Force?
It is a funding programme for international projects which work though media or the arts to strengthen basic freedoms and rights. It offers two types of grant:
- Seed Funding is available for carrying out a planning trip, a visit or a pilot project, for example.
- Collaborative Projects are larger projects with a creative, capacity-building aspect and sustainable goals. You can also use this funding to scale-up a project which has previously received Seed Funding.
Who can apply?
- Any type of organisation which is registered in Sweden.
- Your organisation must have been registered for at least one year (for seed funding) or two years (for collaborative projects).
- You must write your application jointly with a partner organisation in one (or more) of the Creative Force target countries (see below).
Which countries are included?
- In Africa and Middle East & North Africa (MENA):
Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
- In Eastern Europe & Turkey:
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Ukraine and Turkey
How much can I apply for?
- Seed Funding: up to SEK 100,000 for an initiative which you must complete within 12 months.
- Collaborative Projects: up to SEK 500,000 per 12-month period. A project may last 24 months at most (in other words, you can apply for max. SEK 1 million).
Check whether your project is suitable for Creative Force.
- The main applicant is a Swedish-registered organisation.
- The project uses media or the arts as a means to strengthen democracy, freedom of expression and human rights in the target countries.
- The project fulfills the specific Creative Force programme objectives for the country(s) you want to work with.
- The project includes some kind of transfer of knowledge between partners.
- You have a target group of highly motivated people in the partner country(s) who want new skills or knowledge to help them bring about change.
- The project’s achievements will continue to spread and have an impact after the project has finished.