Opens for applications 10 February
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions. In 2022 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The programme is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region. Applicants should also have a clear idea of how the study programme in Sweden would benefit their home country or region. Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience. Find out more under Criteria.
- You’ll find the list of eligible master programmes for the SISGP call for application academic year 2022/2023 here.
- The scholarship is available for citizens from 42 countries
- Applications for Global Professionals 2022/2023 is open from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2022 14:59 CET
- Only available for eligibile programmes starting in the autumn semester of 2022.
- Usually 4-6% of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship. We therefore recommend that you also look for other scholarship opportunities at www.studyinsweden.se
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes. The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
What you get as a scholarship recipient
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development. The local networks operate worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia and Zimbabwe: the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation and Ukraine: the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 10,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members.
- Application fee to University Admissions.
You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships.
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master's programmes by the 7th of April 2022.
You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
The master's programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residency/studies in Sweden and more. Note that priorities in the selection will differ in some aspects depending on countries of citizenship.
We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You have to use SI’s provided forms, and you must complete your application in English. Otherwise, your application will not be considered further.
A complete application consists of:
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Note! Your application will be disqualified if any of the above is missing.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
You must use SI’s form for CV 2022/2023 and the CV should not exceed three pages. It’s up to you to decide which of your previous experiences are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered during the evaluation.
Letters of reference
You must use SI’s form for the letter of reference 2022/2023. All letters of reference must be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or notary office. The letters should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped and uploaded as a single PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and our FAQ.
- Two different letters of reference are mandatory.
- One of the letters must be based on work experience (mandatory). It is also a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organisations outside of your regular work.
Proof of work and leadership experience
You must use SI’s form for proof of work and leadership experience 2022/2023. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped, and uploaded as a single PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and our FAQ.
Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
You must submit a copy of your valid passport/National ID card with the application. It must clearly show your personal data, including your name, citizenship and photograph. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your passport/National ID card that is valid at the time of application. You will be asked to upload the passport copy in the online application portal.