Information webinar – the Swedish Institute Management Programme Asia 2023
Did you miss the information webinar 31/1 2023 where alumni shared their experiences and the team presented the programme? Then you can find a recordining of the webinar here.
In a world facing urgent and significant human, social and environmental challenges, we know that there are many people who want to contribute to positive fundamental change.
Being part of the ‘sustainability transformation’ is one way that individuals can make a real difference – for businesses, communities and for the planet. We invite ambitious and innovative leaders who want to learn how to bridge the gap between desire and action on sustainability to join us as part of the Swedish Institute Management Programme 2023, and work in collaboration with like-minded people in their region, to help tackle these challenges, and lead their businesses to success through sustainable business practices. Because the speed and scale of change that the world desperately needs cannot be achieved in isolation.
At the Swedish Institute, we have created unique leadership development programme which brings together people from different countries in Asia in an enhanced collaborative environment, where they can co-create solutions between business and other sector organisations in your country which have a genuine chance of success.
The Swedish Institute Management Programme(SIMP) offers you proven tools and knowledge from experts who can help you to put sustainability at the heart of your strategy and take your leadership to the next level. The programme is based on Sweden’s prominent position in innovation and sustainable business – and its connection to the global economy.
A core outcome of the programme is for every participant to develop and implement an action-oriented sustainability road-map or strategy that should be an integral part of your overall business strategy. You will formulate the actions and plans based on the needs of your organisation and its stakeholders.
The programme runs between April – November 2023, with online sessions throughout the period, and with a week in Sweden late September 2023. It contains coaching, interactive workshops and lectures, as well as meetings with representatives from companies and organisations in Sweden. SIMP is a challenging and interactive programme that demands your active participation and contribution. It is not a series of one-way communicated lectures.
What will the programme give you?
- In-depth knowledge and skills about sustainable business practices with a focus on human rights, climate and the environment, decent working conditions and anti-corruption.
- Capacity and knowledge to lead change and implement sustainable business practices in your own organisation.
- Insights into business cases for sustainability in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice.
- Customised expert coaching based on your organisation’s and your own personal needs.
- A unique opportunity of close collaboration and exchange with colleagues at your own level from several other countries, developing strong, long-lasting professional networks.
- Access to the global Swedish Institute alumni network with leaders who are committed to sustainable business and responsible leadership.
Who can apply?
If you are highly motivated to run your business in a sustainable way and implement sustainable business practices in your organisation, and you also have the mandate to drive strategic changes throughout your business – then the answer is you!
- You must be a citizen and resident of Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam.
- Your organisation or business should be locally owned and based in Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of making things happen.
- You are willing to support and share your experience and knowledge with other participants.
- You have a high level proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- You have a post-secondary education.
We are looking for business leaders who are already CEO’s or senior managers of small or medium–sized enterprises, or managers of a significant and distinct department of a large enterprise, who have responsibility for the profits of their business.
Around 30 participants will be selected to the programme and people of any age are welcome to apply.
Programme structure, format and timeline
SIMP Asia 2023 will run from Wednesday 29 March-Friday 24 November 2023. The final calendar will be communicated at the start of the programme, but you can expect a total of about 20 two-hour online live sessions, spread out over 8 months.
You will need to be prepared to spend about 4 hours per week on live sessions, reading material and pre-recordings, coaching sessions and other small-group workshops.
Those who have completed required programme tasks will be invited to spend a week in Sweden late September 2023 (24-30 September), that will feature workshops, coaching, company visits and Swedish learning experiences.
SIMP 2023 will be a hybrid programme with important parts online, where various digital tools and set-ups will give you a unique, varied and interactive learning experience. The digital parts of SIMP enable learning to take place over an extended period, allowing time for reflection as well as the opportunity for continuous work, both individually and together with other participants.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Flights to and from Sweden for the programme week.
- Accommodation, most meals, most transportation and insurance while in Sweden.