Why get certified?
- You can apply for financial support to hold events throughout the year
- You get access to the SI Alumni Network Toolkits (ready made activity ideas)
- You establish a closer connection between your network and SI
- It is a great way for you to review the structure of your network and to boost and mobilise your members
- One person from the board gets to travel to Stockholm for training once a year
- Board members can request an official reference letter from SI on your engagement, to add to your CV
What do you need to get certified?
- Have a solid member base (a list or database with at least 25 members)
- Have a board with at least three appointed members
- Hold an annual meeting where the board is democratically appointed
- One person of the board should be appointed cashier and her/his bank details should be shared with SI for grant payments
- Have a communications platform where you can reach your members (Facebook, Linkedin, a website, or any other channel you think suits your local network)
- Have a vision or strategy for what you want to accomplish within your network, including a brief plan for activities for the coming year (at least two activities/projects)
- Send in the yearly report to the Swedish Institute describing and evaluating previous activities (past year)
Note that all certifications need to be renewed on a yearly basis. All certificates expire on 1 March every year. Questions or ideas? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss the certification with you.
Before you get certified we also advice you to have a look in the Alumni Network Brand Guide on how to work with logos and communication for your network. Download the brand guide here.
How to: step by step
- Make sure you meet the requirements mentioned above
- Hold an annual meeting to choose a board. Use the toolkit for that if you want (but make sure to apply at least five weeks before you hold the meeting, to make sure you get the grant on time). Save the meeting notes from the meeting to attach with your certification application.
- Appoint a person to be economically responsible and fill out the bank detail form
- If you were certified the past year, fill out the yearly report
- Fill out the certification application form
- Send in the required documents to email@example.com on February 15 the latest: Meeting notes from your annual meeting, filled out bank form, yearly report, list of members and certification application form.