Why get certified?
- You can apply for financial support to hold events throughout the year
- You get access to the SI Alumni Network Toolkits (readymade event concepts)
- You establish a closer connection between your network and SI
- It is a great way for you to review the structure of your network and to boost and mobilise your members
- One person from the board gets to travel to Stockholm for training once a year
- Opportunities for engaged members to apply for travel grants to visit other alumni networks
- Board members can request an official reference letter from SI on your engagement, to add to your CV
What do you need to get certified?
- Have a solid member base (a list or database with at least 25 members)
- Have a board with at least three appointed members
- Hold an annual meeting where the board is democratically appointed
- One person of the board should be appointed cashier and his/her bank details should be shared with SI for grant payments
- Have a communications platform where you can reach your members (facebook, Linkedin, a website, or any other channel you think suits your local network)
- Have a vision or strategy for what you want to accomplish within your network, including a brief plan for activities for the coming year (at least two activities/projects)
- Send in the yearly report to the Swedish Institute describing previous activities (past year)
Note that all certifications need to be renewed on a yearly basis. All certificates expire on 1 March every year. Questions or ideas? Contact us at email@example.com and we can discuss the certification with you.
How to: step by step
- Make sure you meet the requirements mentioned above
- Hold an annual meeting to choose a board. Use the toolkit for that if you want (but make sure to apply at least three weeks before you hold the meeting). Save the meeting notes from the meeting to attach with your certification application.
- Appoint a person to be economically responsible and fill out the bank detail form
- If you were certified the past year, fill out the yearly report
- Fill out the certification application form
- Send in the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org : Meeting notes from your annual meeting, filled out bank form, yearly report, list of members and certification application form.