Why get certified?
- You can apply for financial support to hold events throughout the year
- You get access to the SI Alumni Network Toolkits (readymade event concepts)
- You establish a closer connection between your network and SI
- It is a great way for you to review the structure of your network and to boost and mobilise your members
- One person from the board gets to travel to Stockholm for training once a year
- Opportunities for engaged members to apply for travel grants to visit other alumni networks
What do you need to get certified?
- Have a solid member base (a list or database with at least 25 members)
- Have an engaged steering committee/board with at least three appointed members
- Hold an annual meeting where the board is democratically elected
- One person of the board should be appointed cashier and his/her bank details should be shared with SI for grant payments
- Set up a communications platform where you can reach your members (facebook, Linkedin, a website, or any other channel you think suits your local network)
- Have a vision or strategy of what you want to accomplish within your network, including a brief plan for activities for the coming year
- Send in an annual report to the Swedish Institute
Questions or ideas? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss the certification with you.
Note that all certifications need to be renewed on a yearly basis. All certificates expire on 1 March every year.
Apply to get certified! (online application form)