Information on this page is only about the previous call for applications. Information about next call will be available on 1 December 2018 for master’s studies starting in the autumn semester 2019. The eligibility criteria as well as the application procedure and key dates may differ from this year.
The recipients of the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for master’s studies 2018/2019 have been determined. Check the list of successful recipients.
We will publish a list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2019/2020 here by 1 December 2018. Only the master’s programmes that are in the list are eligible for SISS.
- To begin with, apply for up to four master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2017 – 15 January 2018.
- Then apply for an SI scholarship between 2-9 February 2018, follow the instructions below.
An estimated 180 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2018. Usually 1-2 % of the applicants can be awarded a SISS scholarship.
The scholarship covers
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 9,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
– a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members.
- Application fee to University Admissions.